A quiet train...at 6:40 am...no whistles for any crossings! And empty cars! Friday Sept. 4. I have no clue what can happen up the line.
Empty train cars returning to Durango. Yes I woke up early...and was trying to figure out why I couldn't post any comments on blogger.
The diesel engine again went north (to the right of these pics around 9 am.
In the meantime the 8 am train did go toward Silverton at the usual 8:20 am. And it did it's traditional toot tooting!Packed full of tourists this time!
I gave up on commenting on friend's blogs, left a message to Blogger about the problem. And packed to go away for the weekend to my son's home in Cortez for his birthday.
...I learned long ago, that you get what you pay for! With Blogger being free, you get what you pay for.
ReplyDeleteAnd I've always said, "The best things in life are free!"
DeleteAs you may know by now, Barbara, commenting is working again. That said going to Cortez for your son's 🎂 was a much better plan. we can also se a train go by weekly on Wed mornings. One day I will try to post some photos too. We always listen for the whistle that blows on Main Street and then we could the cars going out and then returning in late afternoon, simple pleasures.
ReplyDeleteI sometimes will count the cars as they go by. I have found a calming method that OCD people use, just counting anything!
DeleteI wonder if you'll ride that train someday?
ReplyDeleteI have other family members who want to visit...so I'll probably join them, weather permitting!
DeleteWhat lovely scenery xx
ReplyDeleteI haven’t gotten tired of it yet!
DeleteI wish we still had trains running through town but I also like walking where they used to run.
ReplyDeleteMany towns have greenways now where track used to run.
DeleteWe have a cargo train we can hear in the distance a couple of times a day. It's fun to hear the whistle, but not have to deal with the noise of a train.
ReplyDeleteMy grandfather used to count the cars on the trains going by over the river in Roseland. He would estimate how long the train would be before he started counting based on the number of engines.
ReplyDelete