Mile marker 62 from the place it starts/ends - perhaps in Cortez. We've finally hit the mountains!
Hesperus has a ski area...but no idea if they are in business. The snowpack has been pretty bad for a couple of years, I'm told.
Yes, limitations of taking photos through the windshield, or sometimes the side windows. This turn leads to where much of the more modern side of Durango is located, including the medical center "Common Spirit/Mercy Hospital," where my pulmonologist's office is.
A left turn here takes me into the old town of Durango.
-------------------
It is not the quantity of time that matters, but the quality that you experience during each moment.
Yay! The photos posted. For some odd reason, I am humming, “She’ll be coming round the mountain.”
ReplyDeleteOh now I need to sing that out loud while driving...and skip the photos. These were posted before the blogger glitch last night started. So sorry blogger is deteriorating.
Delete...thanks for taking me along to see the sights. "It is not the quantity of time that matters, but the quality that you experience during each moment," amen to this!
ReplyDeleteYes indeed. Each moment is such an opportunity! And I often feel completely overwhelmed by all the awful stuff in our lives these days...need to pull myself back into the beauty.
DeleteIt is amazing me how well you are adapting to this new environment. I am in awe of your positive attitude.
ReplyDeleteToday isn't so good for me. Glad I posted this blog before I got the bad news about my health insurance situation.
DeleteHome sweet home indeed! Love that last line of your post so much.
ReplyDeleteI need to have it posted on the wall above my computer monitor!
DeleteBeautiful blog
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful big vistas!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Barbara, for taking me along on the ride. The wide open spaces was lovely to see in this post and the previous one, unlike crowded areas on the east coast!
ReplyDelete