subtitle

MY SENIOR ADVENTURES IN DURANGO, COLORADO! The Animas River in Durango after several days of rain.

Monday, October 5, 2026

I'm now a Durangatanger!

 I finally found some people who'd lived here since the 90s, and they said they were sometimes called Durangatangers. Cute.


From the internet, near Silverton CO


The Senior Center lunchroom, before everyone arrives. From 11- 12 there's salad and drinks and just socialization!

Lots of space, colorful decorations!

Each table has a photo of an antique toy...I loved being at the roller skate table. The first day I met 
"PBB & J" - Patrick, Betty, Barb and Jim...at our table. Melinda (Food Service Manager) helped me feel comfortable too and volunteers helped with drinks and answers to questions.


My beginning to visit the Senior programs was timed as unfortunately as possible. They are closing for renovations for a month, so Wednesday was the last lunch to be served till Nov. 9. No classes either.

I am not sure I'll want to go to chair yoga, which was the only class I was interested in, after the first free class. After that it's $6.50 per class. I'm used to free classes back at the Lakeview Center in Black Mountain. Lunch itself was $1.50 in NC, and here it's $5. Yep, life is more costly here.

I'm still working on the process to get a CO drivers license. I've got an appointment, and hope all my documents are adequate to prove I live here. By the time this is posted, I had the appointment, and they didn't like my non-certified birth certificate which was made at the hospital when I was born. La la, no fun now to get a new certified one.

-------------------

We need movements rooted in love right now, movements powered not by difference and exclusion and punishment, but by common ground, compassion, humility, healthy boundaries, patience and healing.

ADRIENNE MAREE BROWN


-------------------
Yes, I went to the fiber fair at the fairgrounds yesterday. I'm really bushed. But I do have some cute photos!


5 comments:

  1. "Durangatangers" -- what an awesome moniker! I like how every table at the seniors centre has a picture of an antique toy on it -- good conversation starters if all else fails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you meet anyone you felt any connection with? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s too bad about the hiatus already.

    Have you thought about a larger font size. Maybe it is just me on the iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Durangatangers - that's cute!! Welcome to the club:)

    ReplyDelete

If you wish, please feel free to comment. I usually answer whatever you might have to say. Commercial comments will not be posted.

I'm now a Durangatanger!

 I finally found some people who'd lived here since the 90s, and they said they were sometimes called Durangatangers. Cute. From the int...