That stretch of green grass was where I took the first photo.
And the rest of the train trestle going toward Silverton.
Looking downstream from the pedestrian bridge.
Surprised to see a couple of rafters floating downstream.
I was inspired by the story given to children of all ages during the church service earlier in that Sunday morning. It was a Sufi story about how a river was worried about losing itself when it reached the sea, but reassured that it wasn't defined by its banks, what can be drawn on a map. "You, river, are not the shape of your shores, nor the destination. These are just the things that show where you are, your edges. You are continuing through them, being the water which is ever changing. And when you merge with the ocean, you become all that huge volume together with all the rest of it." Then Rev. Jamie added to the story "Each human, being made mostly of water, has a similar existence, just showing to the world the outer ego identification."
It made me think of how I am part of the river of life. I exist in a body, the shape of which can be recognized as Barbara. But the life force which flows through me is the real me. It continues the line from my ancestors to my grandchildren...and will continue as long as there is human life. This is what I feel comfortable calling my Higher Self, the one connected to all.
-------------------
Making time for the activities that contribute to your spiritual growth has little to do with being selfish.
Good morning, you old water bag. 😜
ReplyDeleteTakes one to know one...at least I don't have water stuck in one of my ears! (My brain perhaps, however, is quite likely!)
DeleteA nice day to be out and about on (or just near) the water!
ReplyDeleteA very good weather day, that was Sunday. Today we have clouds and rain...and for the next couple. This drought ridden area can use it, though flash flooding can happen easiiy.
DeleteHello Barb,
ReplyDeleteLove the views of the river and bridge. Great photos.
Take care, enjoy your day!
Good morning Eileen...glad you enjoyed them. I am so happy to live near this bit of the river. Actually it's about as close to natural water as I've ever lived...even closer than the ocean in St. Augustine FL.
Delete...how neat, now you have a spot to get your kayak into the water!
ReplyDeleteRight...you are a hoot and a half Tom!
DeleteI very much like that interpretation of a higher self.
ReplyDeleteThanks...I'm thinking about it quite often these days.
DeleteYou are getting around in your new town.
ReplyDeleteGetting around is definitely my goal. While I can, when I can! And sharing with you-all, and saving the photos in an archive here which I hope will remain for my memories.
DeleteI like your thought about our life force. Also like your fast-flowing grey-green river.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Pretty sure it's a bit browner today, after a bit of rain since yesterday afternoon, and more expected. That makes me wonder how the people on the trains with open sides do when it's raining as they travel up and back from Silverton. Maybe they can upgrade their tickets to indoor cars. And if our life force is like a stream of water, then the canals and rivers you photograph are the same sources that we have...our physical/metaphysical connection.
DeleteThat water looks a little high and angry to me to be rafting!
ReplyDeleteI love watching water out in nature - it really does ebb and flow, just like life. I find the sounds of water, even storms, calming.
There are several places with white water rapids which makes the rafting more exciting, I'm told. Yes, I remember my son would be a bit hyper, but would calm quickly when taking a bath. The calming influence of water helps me also.
DeleteWell-said!
ReplyDeleteThanks.
Delete