subtitle

MY SENIOR CHALLENGES AND TRIUMPHS MOVING TO A NEW TOWN IN COLORADO!

Saturday, September 5, 2026

The watcher

 


Finally some good rain came down...and hit my windows too! At about 1:40 pm last Thursday. 


Then I noticed that there was a bucket truck and a tent set up in the alley. I went off to take my afternoon nap.

When the rain let up I saw more! By 3 pm there was a familiar visitor.


Here from Monday Aug. 24th.

I'm assuming it's the same deer.

Reactions from the power repair people were mixed...

One guy responded much as I have...and took a photo. He then walked off to return in about 20 minutes with a bag (probably lunch or snacks or drinks?)

My apartment manager, Leah, loaded her car with boxes and drove off.


A short while later this resident rode his chair down to the end of the lot, then turned around and went back the other way. No indication that he saw the wildlife nearby! Incidentally the garbage which includes broken bottles has been there since  earlier in the week...halfway between wheelchair guy and the deer. It was from one of the recycle bins (green) on the other side of the street. Nobody apparently cleans up this kind of mess.

This guy went to his truck and probably vaped a bit...I saw at least one puff of smoke rise. Then he noticed the deer...


Smart deer wouldn't have anything to do with Mr. Vape guy! And what did he think holding his smelly hand out to her would do anyway?

Then white car drove into it's parking area (actually the utility truck was in her spot) and a mom and two kids got out and went into the white house with the green roof.

I'm starting to sound like Jimmy Stewart in Rear Window. I need to get out more!

My last shot at 3:19 of the deer. 

Construction guys kept under the canopy most of the hours they were there. But I did get bored watching them, so went away for a while.


At 5:18 the bucket is up and the sun is hitting my window hard. Yay, they've achieved whatever they're doing.

Not so fast. On Saturday morning before 8 am, there's the lone guy with the bucket truck again doing something to the wires.


 I noticed his sneakers and kaki slacks, and he's the guy who took the photo of the deer and went off to get a bag of something yesterday! Nothing for the deer though.

Wish I could come up with something more exciting...like they buried the body or something. Leave that to Hitchcock!
---------------------------

And then another rainy day on Monday this week, and look who shows up again! But at the other end of the alley.


Pretty sure they're not working on live wires, in the rain, after all!

This is long enough, I'll add the last "repost of Durango" blogs tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I see that you're really getting into what's going on your new neighborhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roof tops above Mountain Mechanics are paint worthy as in on your wall painting. That would be fun to draw especially without a ruler and with wonky eye sight. Your window view is entertaining and lucky I reckon. No need to get out more- you have wicked good vision and inspiration right there !

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments has been fixed as of Sept 5!

The watcher

  Finally some good rain came down...and hit my windows too! At about 1:40 pm last Thursday.  Then I noticed that there was a bucket truck a...