These people are just so wonderful to be related to.
Kendra and Tai. They're going back country camping again this next weekend. And I get to kitty sit!
Nothing pleases me more than a healthy plant! And oh the great scent!
-------------------
Some Third Avenue Homes
A repost from August 18, 2026
Looking north along 3rd Avenue in Durango, some lovely old homes. The one on the corner caught my attention because it went back into so many interesting features.
I like the windows, including what looks like aluminum foil treatment against the heat/light.
Even a half greenhouse, which probably isn't used this time of year!
I liked everything about this house, especially the "sanctuary" sign, which I couldn't actually read.
Lots of fun roof treatments on this home!
The Christian Science church looks pretty imposing for a smallish building. It reminds me of the same denomination in St. Louis and Kirkwood MO.

What a nice plant! Will you have a big collection again, do you think?
ReplyDeleteI'm learning how to deal with the window blinds...and the light. Plants would probably be happy with west facing windows during the winter...but I have to close the blinds when the sun comes blazing in. Then the plants think we've had an eclipse. This mum will be a test case!
DeleteI find the churches of the little towns we drive through on our way to NC in the summers to be so interesting. They seem to say a lot about the communities they sit in. The large ones, imposing and built of brick, the small ones, built of wood. The ones in strip malls, the ones so old they have large cemeteries to the sides of them. The ones with many parts, probably representing Sunday school classes and reception ares. The ones that are probably one-roomed.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture of Kendra and Tai.
That is one of my favorite photos of my camping kids...especially since they don't have sunglasses on!
DeleteWill kitty be coming to you or will you be staying at Tia's home?
ReplyDeleteSorry Tai
DeleteI'm going to haul the C-Pap, the nebulizer, and both oxygen generators (one portable, one with 25 feet of tubing) with me to Cortez. There's a motorcycle rally here in Durango this weekend...good timing!
DeleteI love the smell of mums! And how nice you get to kitty sit!
ReplyDeleteSigh, it's dying. I think I'll take it back in the morning...not a single bloom looks healthy, and no more opened. I'm looking forward to kitty sitting...as well as exploring Cortez a bit more.
DeleteNice plants, we have a bunch of cacti in our windows. Enjoy the cat sitting, I'm sure the cat will teach you the rules. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, Shiva does have her own way of living. But with the dog going with my son and wife out to the wilds (maybe woods but more likely canyons) maybe she will be more interested in friendship with me. I've one succulent which made the trip with me. The mum is dying after 2 days. I watered it too!
DeleteKitty - Sit!!! What fun! I have two new grandcats myself but have not been asked to help care for them yet. Those are some good looking campers!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to getting to have a new place to relax. I'll take the laptop with me though, so I can still do blogs!
Delete