Tooth ache! Yelped with pain when tried to drink something cool. Wow. That was Wednesday last week.
Fortunately Ibuprofen and Tylenol helped with the pain, and switching to hot beverages.
Dental appointment coming up next week. will I make it?
-------------------
OK let's share something a bit more interesting. The above photo was part of a series up at Fort Lewis College.
Interesting to note that lots of forts keep their names, no matter who they were named after.
Anyway there's a great display with a photo naming the mountains to the west of Durango. Unfortunately the elements haven't been kind to it.
First I must say I mis-heard my son telling me I saw Heron's Peak out my windows. Turns out it's Perin's Peak!
The taller peak on the left of the photo below is Perin's Peak. Then way across is the squared off Barnroof Point (center). Silver Mountain would be the far distant triangular peak behind Barnroof Point. (My best guess.)
Silver Mountain is where I'm looking to see early snow...but unfortunately I can't see it from down in Durango below the college.
The Animas River can be glimpsed by the large buildings...perhaps the high school or fairgrounds, not sure.
Beautiful landscapes and photos. Cute photos of you and your son.
ReplyDeleteTake care, have a great day!
Good morning Eileen! Glad to have you visit!
DeleteTooth pain is the worst. I hope all goes well at the dentist. In the meantime, you have some beautiful scenery to look at.
ReplyDeleteIt sure did knock me for a loop when it started. Fortunately it's been manageable.
DeleteThe one-eyed smile is cute.
ReplyDeleteThanks...I don't really need to see my whole face...let alone my feet. My mother was obsessed with wanting photos to include full body as well as shoes. Must have thought that was a fashion statement, or something.
DeleteOuch indeed! I hope your tooth behaves until your dental appointment—and what a beautiful view of the mountains to enjoy in the meantime!
ReplyDeleteThanks. Just doing whatever I need to these days.
DeleteThat's a terrific photo of you and your boy!
ReplyDeleteAny pain in the head is impossible to ignore. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this.
Mountains don't know what we've named them and neither do they care.
I am laughing out loud at the mountains and names that are given them. Almost as much fun as anthropomorphizing them. There is Sleeping Ute Mountain near Cortez, which I do get a kick out of.
Deletegood luck, I'm a bit under the weather too.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you're ailing also. Hope you feel better soon!
DeleteSomething is going around. I've caught the cold Dan and the rest of the local family has had. Didn't sleep well at all last night and cold meds are not stopping the dripping from my nose.
ReplyDeleteI just had a crown done. My pain tolerance is low these days!
ReplyDeleteThose are great views. I like them.