subtitle

MY SENIOR CHALLENGES AND TRIUMPHS MOVING TO A NEW TOWN IN COLORADO!

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Coffee Shop

Last Monday was my first doctor's appointment with my new medical provider. Whew, glad that's over...no, I liked him.

 So what do you do after talking about your medical issues for 20 minutes?

Go for coffee, of course!

The Blue Wing is still listed on maps of Durango as Smiley's Cafe. Lots of people with their laptops. That day was the first day of classes at Fort Lewis College, which I haven't yet explored. It is really two blocks away from my apartment, but still I need to drive rather than walk since I'm stuck on the oxygen thingie.


Very few pastries, just bagels, brownies and cookies. Sigh, I'm spoiled with having croissants!

I grabbed one of the blue velvet swivel chairs.

In the future I'll explore the arts and crafts area...but not today!


A sign of the times is that the handicap parking space is at the far end of the lot, while 2 recharging spaces are right next to the steps to the door. Did I mention this is a former school?


-----------------

 Repost from August 13, 2026 - Simple pleasures

Laundry room.


Adding this photo as I post this today, about the second time I did laundry here.
Only two of the 4 machines have working internet connections to run them with the company where you set aside funds and they're all used for the laundry, no fee to use it. If only it worked. I'm also concerned that there was no evidence of the detergent sheets that I'd put in with the laundry (after 10 minutes)...perhaps they were damaged by the move where they probably baked pretty darn hot. I'll test one out in the sink!


There's a lovely commons room with big couches and chairs...and outside the windows you can see it was still a cool 80...due to get to 100 again that day!




Some people were outside chatting, but few came inside this big room. 

There are always a few smokers in their designated shady area.


I sat while the washers were going, but as soon as the hour long driers started, I went back upstairs. For the same price I got 15 minutes more of drying time, but perhaps the temperature is a bit lower, because everything was just right when my first laundry was finished. Except I had to fold and hang up things still!


My son, Tai, says the highest peak is Heron Peak. I'm not tired of taking pictures of it yet...sorry if you are tired of seeing them!

I'd appreciate any comments you might like to make...

3 comments:

  1. Important that you like your medical provider. Something else off your "getting to know this place" list I bet. I guess the electric charging stations can't be moved but are there closer spaces for the handicapped parking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The list of things to do when moving made me make not only a spread sheet, but add many different pages regarding different aspects. I'm now working on the insurance changes!

      Delete
  2. What kind of ridiculous coffee house is that with no scarry monsters? 😎

    ReplyDelete

I invite comments, and please be prepared for replies (you may have to check back later to see what I've said) thus this becomes a conversation.

Market visit

 Olathe Sweet Corn...right out of the fields. Still with all the husks on and packed in ice. Saturday at 10 am I joined several other consum...