subtitle

MY SENIOR CHALLENGES AND TRIUMPHS MOVING TO A NEW TOWN IN COLORADO!

Sunday, August 30, 2026

It's all a process


 And it's all a process. Not to  reach a particular goal. Just to keep on keeping on.

Then: July 27, 2026 as the furniture and boxes and tubs were being brought in.


August 24 at around 5 pm. There are still tubs (on the floor on the right) which need to be given designated homes. And a big box of pictures leaning against the wall behind the recliner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Repost from August 10, 2026:

 A Japanese restaurant was the chosen site for a combo birthday dinner for my daughter-in-law and thank-you for helping me move to Durango by my son and his wife....my treat.

Dinner at the East by Southwest restaurant last night was super. I had tempura shrimp and veggies, Tai had vegetarian sushi, and Kendra had duck spring rolls (I got one) and Ramen with pork. That was after mojitos and edamame and beet fries. We left nary a crumb!  






The restaurant was pretty close to where I now live in Durango.  We stopped and picked up ice cream to take to the apartment where I served warm brownies a la mode for desert. (Regular vanilla ice cream!)

Then Tai and Kendra flattened more boxes and took them out for recycling. It makes the place begin to look like its lived in.

A nearby grocery with organic produce.

Yesterday I felt like I was coming down with something. But my son hooked me into his Netflix so I watched Remarkably Bright Creatures...or whatever it is with Sally Field. So lovely. 

So I took it easy, didn't do much, lots of lying around and eating tiny meals. That's what the body seemed to want.

8 comments:

  1. You are well set up now with a choice of chairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I had planned to donate the rocker, since the upholstery is torn, but there was room in the truck, so it came. Same for the bed. It's more comfortable having them both.

      Delete
  2. ...I keep on keeping on too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my to do list, with the addition of There's always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have begun to listen to what the soft animal of my body wants! We get along pretty good now that I allow it to have its own way. Good girl, sit! stay! lay down! good girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, mine is more like the cat in me...so she wouldn't respond quite so well to those voices. But I love when she purrs and the morning stretches!

      Delete

I invite comments, and please be prepared for replies (you may have to check back later to see what I've said) thus this becomes a conversation.

It's all a process

 And it's all a process. Not to  reach a particular goal. Just to keep on keeping on. Then: July 27, 2026 as the furniture and boxes and...