subtitle

MY SENIOR CHALLENGES AND TRIUMPHS IN DURANGO, COLORADO!

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Hope to enjoy the show

 A week of rain and cooler temperatures...off and on for the rain.

A big arts festival this coming weekend.

https://durangoarts.org/wp-content/uploads/DAAFMapBrochure26.pdf



Now I will see how the forecast for 50% showers and thunder storms might come about.

And yes, I plan to go see some of it myself. Parking of course will be the main thing to work out. But I live just a few blocks away, so may be able to snag a spot if I go early. That's what this old person has learned...as well as that the crowds aren't usually as bad when the festival first starts.

Of course being an elder means I'll have a few limitations on distance of my walkabout. So I just hope that the block or so that I manage will be the best of the show.


Celebrating 32 years of showcasing fine arts and crafts by makers from across the country, the Durango Autumn Arts Festival takes place amidst the vibrant fall colors on quaint East Second Avenue in historic downtown Durango, Colorado.
 
Presented as a fundraiser for the Durango Arts Center — the region’s premier non-profit visual and performing arts organization — the festival is ranked among the top in the country, attracting an estimated 8,000 visitors annually. Artists and craftspeople consistently praise the event for its excellent organization, warm hospitality, and steady, friendly crowds.

Young Artists - Huge Impact Exhibit

We are excited to bring back the popular Young Artists – Huge Impact space at the 2026 Durango Autumn Arts Festival, featuring young artist booths offering goods for sale to the public.

Though I support young artists, I probably will focus on the ceramic artists. I want to see how their work differs from the famous Western North Carolina potters...with whom I'm quite familiar. That will be the main point of my attending!

-----------------



24 comments:

  1. The large scale was not what I anticipated. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually smaller than the arts festivals in Black Mountain.

      Delete
  2. Hello Barb,
    The art festival sounds fun, I hope you are able to find a good parking spot.
    Your header photo and scene is pretty, I love the mountains.
    Take care, enjoy your day and the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...me too, on parking. I'll try to get there before it actually opens. It's sometimes fun to see the artists putting the last touches on their displays.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm hoping my walking abilities are working well!

      Delete
  4. It will be interesting to do a comparison of the ceramics. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NC potters are known throughout the south and east...but I don't know much about the southwest, besides the typical touristy cowboy and Native American designs.

      Delete
  5. This is what we do, as well, visiting early. I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I think early in the day there's less chance of rain.

      Delete
  7. ...it's good to see that the arts are well in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another good thing to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's hope you get to see plenty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hesitated to post about something that's just planned...since so often my plans have to change. But y'all are encouraging me to go do this, so that helps!

      Delete
  10. A friend and I are going to a very fancy outdoor event on Saturday. Mother Nature is forecasting "heavy rain" and "gusting winds". I am not very happy with her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The festival sounds like a great time to get out and enjoy some arts and crafts. Your plan about going early sounds like something I would do. Enjoy the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The festival sounds like a great time to get out and enjoy some arts and crafts. Your plan about going early sounds like something I would do. Enjoy the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That festival does look like fun! Our humidity was just a bit lower today and it felt nice. Still hot though.

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments has been fixed as of Sept 5!

Hope to enjoy the show

 A week of rain and cooler temperatures...off and on for the rain. A big arts festival this coming weekend. https://durangoarts.org/wp-conte...