subtitle

MY SENIOR ADVENTURES IN DURANGO, COLORADO!

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Third Avenue beauties

I drove slowly, stopping by the curb when I could, along Third Avenue, my usual route home from points south. 

The huge old trees are interspersed with newer ones.




St. Mark's Episcopal Church. 


Someone was working in the fenced area (garden perhaps?) Though that fence probably couldn't keep out a hungry deer. 



 For sharing with Tom's Tuesday Treasures...

-------------------

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece. 
-John Ruskin, author, art critic, and social reformer (1819-1900)





6 comments:

  1. Barbara, thanks for this Durango tour, these are lovely home and what a beautiful church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a very attractive and appealing area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to eventually have walks along the boulevard...oh, did I tell you it has a wonderful island in the middle with big old trees!

      Delete
  3. There's obviously some very nice old architecture in Durango. These are great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The owners of the mines must have needed a nice place to live, and in between the fine old homes (brick/stone) are smaller frame ones...kind of reminds me of Asheville. Now there are tourists perched on the heights...reminds me also of the mountains around Black Mountain.

      Delete

If you wish, please feel free to comment. I usually answer whatever you might have to say. Commercial comments will not be posted.

Third Avenue beauties

I drove slowly, stopping by the curb when I could, along Third Avenue, my usual route home from points south.  The huge old trees are inters...