subtitle

MY SENIOR ADVENTURES IN DURANGO, COLORADO!

Friday, October 9, 2026

The river runs by

 

A block from my apartment is this little park on the Animas River.






Familiar views, but on a different day. I was actually eating my lunch from a local fast food place that Sunday.

Not the Animas River, but the Swannanoa in North Carolina...some summertime enjoyment in the river! Just had to have some sepia photo in the mix!




Sepia Saturday suggests the theme of water this week. I give you rivers...


A new area to  see the river...




One big old tree capsized, and has had some pieces cut away apparently to allow river rafts to get past.



------------------------

 Good news: I sent in all the details to apply for voter registration in Colorado just a few minutes ago! I know I added this to yesterday's post after a lot of you had probably already read it. Thanks Marcia for finding out about the SS number. I also had to send a photo of my signature!

-------------------------

As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison.

NELSON MANDELA



24 comments:

  1. I love the sign! Let's hope that the Animas River is well behaved unlike the French Broad River and the Swannanoa River! Thanks for showing me around the hood!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You remember the names of the rivers which flooded Asheville 2 years ago with Hurricane Helene. I'm impressed. I read a plaque by the river which does speak of a flood. I might be safe up here on the 4th floor, but the car might not.

      Delete
  2. It's nice that there's a walking path along the river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The path is also used by many bikers, and e-bikes are quite popular also. Nobody so far has had a bicycle bell. I did have one guy behind me say he was coming up on my left as he sped past one day.

      Delete
  3. The path along the river looks like a great place to walk, love the river views.
    Take care, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The path goes on for several miles. Quite beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Glad you have a nice, local park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be able to walk over to it in the next few months. This breathing is really so limiting.

      Delete
  5. Great news about the voter registration, go you! The horses in the sepia picture were probably enjoying cooling their hooves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the people too, quite probably...before the photographer took his shot!

      Delete
  6. I'd be on that river in my canoe as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen a take-out point downstream, so don't know where you could put your canoe in, yet!

      Delete
  7. What a lovely spot for a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And some great weather too! Fall here is warm days, cool nights...until tomorrow when storms in the Pacific will send us some rain bands.

      Delete
  8. What a sweet blessing to have that river so close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you made me wonder if there are any places people go into the river in the summer, like your FL river. But I doubt it...pretty swift current. I haven't even seen any fish.

      Delete
  9. Barbara, so glad I could be of help! What good news that your voter registration is going forward!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a nice place to have nearby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the usual low humidity, a place by the river is special.

      Delete
  11. A nice little park. I love the Mandela quote.

    ReplyDelete

If you wish, please feel free to comment. I usually answer whatever you might have to say. Commercial comments will not be posted.

The lama kissed me!

  Meet Odin the young lama. Odin isn't quite as mature as the 3-year old in the pen behind us. He also liked to get up close and persona...