subtitle

MY SENIOR ADVENTURES IN DURANGO, COLORADO!

Sunday, October 11, 2026

The mountains near Durango

 Driving north on US 550 from Durango, it's pretty flat and straight going the first 10 miles or so. But beautiful mountains on either side, and eventually you start climbing.

The Ox-Bow in the Animas River


Yes that railroad track is for the Durango-Silverton narrow gauge trains (3 roundtrips daily).



Through the windshield, with little traffic I was going pretty slow.



 




I pulled off as the road started to climb, and turned back home for this trip. However I did stop in Honeyville, which I'll share here soon.

Sharing with Skywatch Friday (which runs all week!)




------------------

Distracting yourself with social media and television can become mind-numbing, if not taken in moderation.


21 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenic views, love the mountains and the sky captures.
    Take care, have a great day and a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a novice at taking photos of the mountains. So I make mistakes in trying to edit them.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful scenery, but do you miss the greener NC landscape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the beauty here is keeping me interested. But I sure miss my friends and doing things together.

      Delete
  3. Great photos...what a beautiful area you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to explore, you are lucky to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mountains of Durango aren't as green as the mountain of NC, but they still are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You landscape is pretty arid, but I look forward to Honeyville.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photos!
    I can admire mountains but they seem so alien to me. I'm just a born flat-lander.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like skies, which in FL and MO were lots of fun to see. I am happy there were beautiful clouds that day too!

      Delete
  8. You have relocated to a beautiful part of the country and these hotos show the splendor of the CO mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I knew rain was expected for days...so wanted to see what it looked like before maybe losing some of the leaves.

      Delete
  10. What beautiful blue skies and fluffy white clouds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they were. Rain has now arrived for the next 4 days. We get weather from Hurricane Rachel.

      Delete
  11. You managed to catch some impressive clouds and landscapes!

    ReplyDelete

If you wish, please feel free to comment. I usually answer whatever you might have to say. Commercial comments will not be posted.

The mountains near Durango

 Driving north on US 550 from Durango, it's pretty flat and straight going the first 10 miles or so. But beautiful mountains on either s...