subtitle

MY SENIOR ADVENTURES IN DURANGO, COLORADO!

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Out and around in Durango




Drivers License office was just out of sight to the left of this drought-stricken maple. The moon looked over everything with it's usual bland face.

On Oct. 1-  I took all my paperwork to the Durango Driver's License. They gave me a paper saying I needed a certified copy of my birth certificate. I think I once had one, but couldn't find it, however, the original one made when I was born wasn't acceptable.

I've run into all kinds of difficulties with the Texas Bureau of Vital Statistics...and it will take a couple of months to probably get the certified birth certificate. I don't mind driving with my North Carolina license, which is good for 2 more years actually. I do mind that I can't register to vote in Colorado until I can get that birth certificate. This is so irksome. But since there aren't any real competitive seats for CO I just wish I had been able to still vote in NC. There is a really big opportunity for a Democrat to get a Senate seat there.



Where I went on Saturday Oct 3 with Kendra, daughter-in-law. Yes, expect some photos from that outing soon!


00000000000000
--------------

This was exhausting, but really worth while. Many people in Durango were downtown watching the cowboys parade...lots of horses. Next year I'll go to that. Big crowd!

The fairgrounds were full of yarns...wool, alpaca, lots of lama...lots more wool.  People spinning, knitting, and selling beautiful things made from various animal-hairs.

I know that's not the correct term, but I will just post a few photos and then I'm for beddy bye.

-----------------


The soft fleece from sheep is called roving, which is then spun into yarn.





---------
Saturday I'll share the critters with you!

---------------------

What actually sustains us, what is fundamentally beautiful, is compassion–for yourself and for those around you. That kind of beauty inflames the heart and enchants the soul.

LUPITA NYONG’O


7 comments:

  1. Hello, Barb,
    I am sorry you will not be able to vote. The Fiber Festival looks nice. Love the moon photo. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Durango is a happening place, now the drivers license office needs to get in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the fact that I am absolutely without talent or abilities in any needlework or weaving, I am in love with the yarns and threads. There are some beautiful ones there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a sheep and wool festival here every year that looks much like the festival you just went to. I always enjoy the beautiful things people have made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not being able to vote is a huge drawback. I'm surprised they won't just exchange for your other licence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fiber arts festival looks exciting!

    ReplyDelete

If you wish, please feel free to comment. I usually answer whatever you might have to say. Commercial comments will not be posted.

Out and around in Durango

Drivers License office was just out of sight to the left of this drought-stricken maple. The moon looked over everything with it's usual...