subtitle

MY SENIOR ADVENTURES IN DURANGO, COLORADO!

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Fiber fair - just a bit

 Good news: I sent in all the details to apply for voter registration in Colorado just a few minutes ago!

Children's activities were in the yurt!



There are natural colors of wool from the Navajo-Churro Sheep. The beautiful Navajo rugs are made from this wool.

One seller showed a photo of the sheep whose wool roving was being sold below.




One booth sold goat milk soap...as well as other hand crafted items!

There were booths with kits also, including making hooked rugs.

Kendra met an old friend selling her yarn.

I haven't tried knitting in years...not sure how my shaky fingers will do. So I didn't purchase any of the delicious yarns.

----------------
More to come, including kissing lamas on Saturday!


Every single soul is a poem.

MICHAEL FRANTI




19 comments:

  1. Art is alive and well in Durango.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiber art at least! I have to check out ceramic arts still!

      Delete
  2. Speaking of goats, I used to love Crabtree & Evelyn's Goat Milk Bubblebath back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend gave me some goat milk soap once, it's heavenly!

      Delete
  3. My knitting isn't good enough to use expensive yarn, but I do like to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sorely tempted...but the problems with my hands kept me sane and I walked away (with some goat milk soap!)

      Delete
  4. I love the chart of the Churro sheep. They make wonderful sturdy wool for blankets of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some things that make you want to have them even though you have no use for it, like yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colorful yarn is pretty. I have not tried goat milk soap. Take care, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soap leaves one's skin feeling really nourished and silky!

      Delete
  7. Is exotic soap to be used or simply admired and sniffed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely to be used...and enjoyed as a skin cream type product.

      Delete
  8. Good on you for pursuing the voter registration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that it is possible (fingers crossed that this worked) without the driver's license.

      Delete
  9. Ohhh, that would all bring trouble to my pocket book! I am so glad that you went for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That yarn! Oh, my beating heart!
    So glad you got to get out and see all of this and then share it with us.

    ReplyDelete

If you wish, please feel free to comment. I usually answer whatever you might have to say. Commercial comments will not be posted.

The river runs by

  A block from my apartment is this little park on the Animas River. Familiar views, but on a different day. I was actually eating my lunch ...