subtitle

MY SENIOR ADVENTURES IN DURANGO, COLORADO!

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Beginning again

  Photos of the views from my windows often have distortions from the screens.

My header photo this last week, (on my other blog, When I Was 69) dawn with the mountains in the distance, and trees along the Animas River. Closest building on the left is a gym, and behind it you see the VFW which is on the bank of the river. Rotary Park is along the river to the right of the VFW and on outside of frame. (VFW means Veterans of Foreign Wars...)


Some of my cuttings of plants from NC made it to Colorado in the baking heat of the car being pulled across country.  Soon to get some potting soil and set up the two planters (not seen here.)

The bookcase needs some shims to keep it from leaning forward from the wall. 


A slightly cruddy looking black stove has these little buttons in the middle of each burner. I went around asking people if it was ok to leave a pan (like a tea kettle) on them all the time, when the button would be pressed down. So far the landlady has said yes it's ok.

Today I begin my 85th trip around the sun. The marking of my 84th year may not be celebrated in any special way beyond dinner out...but I am so grateful to have completed this eventful year of my life. I'm starting this new blog with focus on living here in Durango now. My older blogs still continue, but I'll put the news of this new environment here now.

Watch and see what might change...

When I Was 69 will have my political/environmental/women's issues and personal interests more, while hopefully finding something to share on some of my favorite memes weekly...Tuesday's Treasures, Wordless Wednesday, Thankful Thursday, Sepia Saturday (sometimes on Friday), and Saturday's Critters.

Inner Workings will continue to have my deep ponderings (when they strike)

The other blogs are kind of on hiatus at this time...waiting for me to do more ancestry work, or share important people or events. 

-------------
And just so this archive is complete, I'll repost the earlier blogs from Durango, just a couple of weeks worth. I arrived in Durango on July 27, 2026. Less than a month ago!

Here I'm starting from moving in. If you want to see the actual trip photos go back to  When I Was 69 posts.

--------------

26 comments:

  1. What does the button in the burner do? I'm not sure if I've seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I've seen them too...thus asking everyone about them. Frigidare brand. Something to do with not turning burner on without a pan on it, maybe.

      Delete
  2. ...Barbarba, I hope that you a settling in well in Durango!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here. Let’s see if I can add this to my reading list. The process often puzzles me. I think you cold have called this Deranged in Durango, not because it fits you but because I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted in Durango, closer to my feelings. The deranged part is just status quo.

      Delete
  4. As you celebrate another voyage around the sun, we hope today is as wonderful and extraordinary as you are.
    Wishing you a memorable day and that your life is filled with love, harmony and good health during the coming year.
    Enjoy the adventure and stay amazing!

    My former dentist sent this. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi there Mary! Happy to see you visit out here in the southwest! Our climates are soooo different now!

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday! Looking forward to life in Durango.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too. Many days to look forward to! One day at a time!

      Delete
  7. What a great way to celebrate your birthday and your move! I.look forward to learning more about your new home! Happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki - each day brings new adventures. Today I changed the sheets on the bed. Whoo hoo!

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday! Can't wait to see more photos of your new surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois: I am a shutter-clicking every dawn mama! Someday I may get tired of these wonderful new views each day. Or you may!

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday, Barb! And here you are starting a new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each day does bring new things, unexpected challenges keep happening. But joys in between times.

      Delete
  10. Belated Happy 🎂🎉 Birthday wishes to you Barbara and all best wishes on the new blog, which I will add to my blog sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's been a fun adventure so far...and a delightful birthday too!

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday! Now I'm off to Durango. I wonder how it got its name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a blow-up bed that's ready for guests. Me too, but I know the Animas River was named by the Spanish explorers, long before Jung was born.

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday!!! You are on my blog list with your Durango Adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...looking forward to sharing, and chatting about everything!

      Delete
  13. A new blog fits right in with the newness of your move and life. Hope you had a wonderful birthday, we just celebrated our 46th anniversary on the 23rd.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didnt know ow about this blog until just now, so I will have to catch up!
    Happy, happy birthday, Barb. 85. That is quite a journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beginning an 85th journey means just completing my 84th year! I can remember that by thinking of a one year old. Welcome to this new series. I'm copying some of the original blogs from moving here into these posts, since I just started this one on my birthday!

      Delete

If you wish, please feel free to comment. I usually answer whatever you might have to say. Commercial comments will not be posted.

Fiber fair - just a bit

 Good news: I sent in all the details to apply for voter registration in Colorado just a few minutes ago! Children's activities were in ...