subtitle

MY SENIOR ADVENTURES IN DURANGO, COLORADO! The Animas River in Durango after several days of rain.

Thursday, October 1, 2026

Happy October!

 

Blurred photo of a memory of Muffin drinking my water in my mug.


Wishes for good luck and fortune this month to all! Rabbit Rabbit!

Charlie Tefft made a gorgeous bunny butter dish. I just borrowed the photo from his site. I do however own a Tefft mug with a hare on it!



------------------------


Driving around in Durango, I sometimes can slow down and get a shot of an interesting house. I wish I could read the blackboard on the porch!


Funny little fluff of a cloud over the valley...then



A front came through...so we had clouds for a while, but no rain materialized until more serious clouds Mon and Tues from Hurricane Polo over 600 miles away.

Downtown Durango

Doctor visit, his office is in the hospital building, which is in a newer area of town called Three Springs.






-------------------


From nearby Mesa Verde National park. Photo from the internet.


A loaf with 1/3 whole wheat flour. Nice nutty flavor.


Meditation and Tarot reading for the Equinox, these are the Mother Peace cards.

------------------

There's a schizoid quality to our relationship with animals, in which sentiment and brutality exist side by side. Half the dogs in America will receive Christmas presents this year, yet few of us pause to consider the miserable life of the pig -- an animal easily as intelligent as a dog -- that becomes the Christmas ham. 
-Michael Pollan, professor and writer (b. 6 Feb 1955)

-------------

Michael Pollan missed the turkey extravaganza as well, where there are usually one or two turkeys pardoned from the hatchet by the president of the US yearly.

10 comments:

  1. It doesn’t take much for me to get behind on the blogs. Happy October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the Motherpeace Deck! That's the one I learned to read tarot with 35 years ago! I still have it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many beautiful decks out there now. I still have to use a reference to delve into the meanings of the cards.

      Delete
  3. Hares and Rabbits and all good things to you, dear Barb. You are most fortunate to have a Tefft mug.. I am in love with the little cloud. I wonder what their story is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, little clouds are unusual all by themselves.

      Delete
  4. Wishing you an Outstanding October, that is a sweet little house. Please show more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, and there are certainly lots of cute houses around town. Maybe I should collect one to show each week, eh?

      Delete
  5. The butter dish and the mug are amazing. How have I never heard of Tefft?
    Love that house! It is fabulous. And something else I like is the name of that hospital. "Common Spirit."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to all! Charlie was teaching at Guilford College in Greensboro, NC I think. I met him at a pottery show in Marshall NC years ago, and started collecting his work...when I could afford it. I own 4 mugs and am happy, but he also sells on line, so might consider something else if I win the lottery!

      Delete

If you wish, please feel free to comment. I usually answer whatever you might have to say. Commercial comments will not be posted.

Happy October!

  Blurred photo of a memory of Muffin drinking my water in my mug. Wishes for good luck and fortune this month to all! Rabbit Rabbit! Charli...