Once upon a time, my friends gave me a birthday party...surprise actually. Our favorite Mexican restaurant in Black Mountain (before the flood and being rebuilt). Ole's Guacamole, Black Mountain NC Son Marty having a good time with friends (he's wearing the coat of many colors)
Marty and his wife, Barbara.
Middle son, Russ and his family when one daughter was honored for being on a high school (Patriots) swim team.
Where this came from, I haven't a clue. But I must have thought these were my ancestresses somehow.
Myself and ex-hubby Doug taking a turn at the wheel on the US Constitution.
Son Marty and his dad, Doug (more recently) with Marty's 2 sons (Michael and William) and Doug's cousin Margaret and her husband.
Marty's kids, William and his sister Cayenne horsing around.
Barbara and her sister Bev on the beach. photo by Nik Eviston
Around 1970, my father has his back to us, while I'm lying on that chair. Son Marty reaches for something on the table, while my mother has her sunglasses covering her identity. Son Russ looks serious or is eating something (the blond kid.)
Kendra (daughter-in-law) and my youngest son, Tai hiking and holding pup Zora. 2023
Our suggested meme from Sepia Saturday!
----------------------
Good news in the USA:
For 2026, National Park fees will be waived on the following days and holidays:
- Feb. 16: Presidents Day (Washington’s Birthday)
- May 25: Memorial Day
- June 14: Flag Day/President Donald Trump’s birthday
- July 3-5: Independence Day weekend
- Aug. 25: 110th birthday of the National Park Service
- Sept. 17: Constitution Day
- Oct. 27: Theodore Roosevelt’s birthday
- Nov. 11: Veterans Day
---------------
“Watch carefully, the magic that occurs, when you give a person just enough comfort to be themselves.” Atticus












Fun memories to cherish!
ReplyDeleteI'm so grateful to live in a time when communication over distances is available. It makes family a bit closer.
DeleteThat is a pile of Saturday memories on Friday. What I didn’t know is that ancestors is make, so we have ancestresses. I have never heard that word. I doubt that I will ever use it, but it is good to be aware of these things.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think there's a slip of the finger, such that you mean ancestors is "male."
Delete...a wonderful stroll down memory lane.
ReplyDeleteAbout once a month I go look at the family folder!
DeleteOld (and new) photos are so wonderful for the story they portray! I have fallen off in terms of taking photographs, but I feel guilty about that.
ReplyDeletePipeTobacco
Some days I know people around me (perfect strangers!) are not happy with my stop to take photos.
DeleteThese are some wonderful pictures! I think my favorite may be the one of you and your sister on the beach. You have a beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteNow I'm curious about the couple in the picture with the cat. That woman is so striking! And I want those shoes. Badly.
There is another Barbara in our family, and all the times I say her name, I mean her...so it''s Barbara Baker and her sister, as well as the first shots earlier in the post. It's a great photo isn't it!
Delete